Wychfield Sports Pavilion
As part of a team effort at Freeland Rees Roberts Architects, Marilize, together with amongst others, Tristan Rees Roberts and Rowan Haysom worked on Wychfield Sports Pavilion for Trinity Hall. The original Trinity Hall sports pavilion was built in 1909 and it accommodated a lovely cricket pavilion and changing facilities. Later additional extensions added squash courts, a small gym, a small office, an extra changing room, a shower and a store room. By the late 90’s, the college realised that the facilities was outdated and that they needed to improve the facilities as the squash courts were not meeting modern competition standards. It was decided that the courts needed replacing.
The planners, the college and the local residents were eager to keep the 1909 pavilion elevation and we designed the new facilities around this 1909 elevation with a rather splendid result. We incorporated changing rooms, a store, a gym, two squash courts, a kitchen and an office. The old and new building was joined by a glass roofed atrium, bringing light into the belly of the pavilion with a very light and spacious atrium as a result. The old pavilion houses the social club areas and the viewing area for watching squash matches.
Client: Trinity Hall, Cambridge
Engineer: Andrew Firebrace Partnership
Quantity Surveyor: Sheriff Tiplady
Services Engineer: Roger Parker associates
Contractor: York Construction
Status: Completed 2000
Let's Build Something
If you would like to discuss a project or require
further details please contact Marilize:
Call: 01954 211862
Mobile: 0779 6692864